Serving as a concreted obstacle to tanks, the Dragon’s Teeth in Orscholz formed part of the Siegfried Line. The fortifications with bunkers, ditches and barriers were built from 1938 to 1940 to defend the western border of the German Reich, acting as a counterpart to the French Maginot Line. An especially well preserved over one-kilometer section in Orscholz has been uncovered and a path cut out to make it accessible. A themed circular hiking trail to complement the walk will be opening in April 2017.
adress: L177during 66693 Orscholz and 66706 Oberleuken